Friday 19 August 2011

Liz Earle - Young Skin Kit; review


I have heard such rave reviews about Liz Earle products in the past from various makeup artists over the vast world wide web. Even my Aunt who uses these products and has sworn by them for many years (she is 50+ and trust me, her skin looks flawless all the time).
And so I finally decided to take a look for myself. I went to the Liz Earle website and had a browse, and after a little while decided that the most cost effective thing to do was to buy the young skin tester kit! At £23 it wasn’t what many would call cheap but I think it is a good price for higher-ish end products as the price correlates to the ingredients used. 
After testing my Liz Earle products for almost 3 weeks now, I think that it has now been a lengthy enough period for me to have a solid idea of my feelings towards each item within the kit!
So I’ll start off with the bad and end on the good :)

I have combination skin which is also very sensitive, and so I sometimes have reactions to new cosmetics I try out. The 
Instant boost skin tonic was no exception to this. I have had trouble using toners in the past, even the toner by Simple brought me out in exactly the same rash that I got from the Liz earle toner.


And so I stopped using both the Instant skin tonic toner and Instant skin tonic spritz an they both contained almost exactly the same ingredients.
Obviously not everyone would share the same reaction to these products that I did, and before the rash arrived I really liked the affect the toner had on my skin.
Another product in the kit is the Spot on rescue treatment for blemishes, bites and cuts. I think this is a really great product, because like all Liz Earle products its made from completely natural ingredients, and it contains no strong alcohol which often dries out blemishes and leaves a horrible flaky effect behind. But this product has a drying effect while also hydrating the area with essential oils. The key thing here being that it did in fact dry out my spots.
The second best product was the Skin repair moisturiser it’s the first moisturiser that I’ve found to hydrate my skin but not make it ridiculously oily!
The most well renowned product to date from Liz Earle is the Cleanse & Polish hot cloth cleanser, which is what caught my eye in the first place. It’s a creme formula that comes along with a Muslin cloth to buff the product away along with your makeup and other dirt and impurities that have built up.
If you’re prone to spots one of the best way’s to stop them is to keep your skin clean, and this is a great face cleanser to do this, even if you don’t even wear makeup.
Since I have brought this my skin is 10X clearer, and although I still have scarring and a few spots left to get rid of it’s made it a lot better! So out of all of the products this is the one that I would definitely recommend to people!!
A full size bottle of the hot cloth cleanser will set you back £13.25 from the Liz Earle website. But you don’t need to use huge amounts of product each time so it should last a while. If you have hard to manage skin I’d recommend you try at least the sample size products you might find something you like! :)
Loves, 
Be.

1 comment:

  1. thank you for sharing. my sis in law has extremely sensitive skin. So she can do many of these products. Thanks for these reviews. It let me know what I can recommend to her. just became a follower! Have an awesome day!
    xoxo Lizbeth
    http://glamstyln.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete